Tuesday, October 31, 2006

9:17pm - Eric has been moved to the 4th floor (regular room) and removed from oxygen. Most of you know that I'm trying to concentrate on the positives however; I also need to let you know that Eric has lost a lot of weight and is fragile. The rehab doctor did see him today and he also believes the same (doom & gloom) prognosis the other doctors have told us. We have a 9am meeting with him tomorrow to get more details. Eric has been quiet this afternoon and tonight.

2:52pm - I worked with Eric during the night however; he seemed distant most of the night. Eric kept moving his hand towards his face but could not quite reach it. I helped him reach his face and he took his finger and scratch the side of his nose, a second after, he fell asleep. Eric also kept on grabbing his oxygen hose and pull it off. I had to keep holding his hand.

Celeste said that his morning Eric has been very active and while working with the therapist, Eric was attentive and she thought that he waived goodbye to her. Eric's blood work showed that his infection is lower but not quite gone (was at 21, now at 15, needs to be at 11 or lower). We are still waiting for the elusive Dr. Jain (rehab doctor) to evaluate Eric.

1 comment:

Diana Smith said...

Sam,

I have not had the pleasure of meeting you or Eric but I have known Celeste for quite some time and having children of my own, one son who had a serious skiing accident earlier this year, I can fully appreciate the level of love, hope, and prayer you express for his full recovery. I pray daily for Eric and your family. You can be certain that God is at his side and yours. He never leaves - always remember that! He will heal Eric, there is no doubt. it may be that he is healed to live here on earth for a while or he will heal him and take him home to live with him. Either way, always know that he will be totally loved and cared for!!! Please tell Celeste my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Peace of Christ be with you

Diana Smith