Saturday, October 07, 2006

4:30pm - We just talked to doctor gloom and doom and I could not take anymore; I told him to stick to his area of expertise and that he was way out of his area right now. He is an internist and not a neuro-surgeon. He likes to hear himself talk because he thinks he sounds intelligent. Doctor doom thinks that Eric suffered too much damage in his brain and that at best he would require a feeding tube and assisted nursing home for the rest of his life. We have asked to talk to his neuro-surgeon later tonight as he is performing surgery on Danielle. The reality of things is that Eric has proved all his doctors wrong by continuing to fight and improve. His pressure has now been stable for 36 hours. The same doctor believes that Eric's pressure has peaked and that it should now continue to improve (slowly). Doctors do not believe in miracles but I do. Please do not give up on Eric and continue your prayers and good thoughts. Not all his doctors share the same diagnosis so, we will be asking all of them for a meeting on Monday to enusre that they speak with one voice and one message "Eric will be OK, mentally and physically".

Danielle started her surgery about 5pm and should last between 5-7 hours. This surgery is to fix what they can on her spine and evaluate the extent of the damage. Other surgeries are scheduled for later next week.

One last thing, if you have a younger brother, sister or a child of your own, please give them a hug and tell them how much you're thankfull for having them in your life.

2:45pm - Eric is still stable. His pressure continues to be between 15 and 20. This morning the doctors took him off of the paralysis medication and his pressure did not go up. They are currently reducing his sedatives slowly in order to better evaluate his condition. I know that you are all praying for Eric but please also pray for Danielle and if you get a chance, say THANK YOU to God for keeping Eric with us and helping him through this.

5 comments:

Aut said...

Mr.Sam,
Please know Eric, Angee, you, Celeste and the rest of the family are in our thoughts and prayers here in Virginia. Though I've never had the chance to meet Ang's family I feel I know you through talks with here over the last 7 years. In many ways Ang is like family to me and this event is tearing me up more than her having been sent to Iraq in some ways. Ang is very important to me, my family and friends, as is her family. Please know I am constantly thinking of the your whole family (moms dads stepmoms and stepdads and the kids) and am hoping for nothing but the best outcome for not only Eric but Danielle as well and the whole family. Doctors arent always right, and miracles happen. My nephew Keannan is one of them, so keep the faith. And please make sure to give my Ang a hug for me!
Autumn Barnes

Anonymous said...

I was really happy to see Eric today. Have been wanting to see him all week. I miss him. I talked to Angela today and was going to send her some pictures, but I can't find her profile on myspace. Can you give her my email so we can talk? I am thinking of you. Stephanie
stephanielober@sbcglobal.net

gayle said...

Celeste,Warren, Angee, Sam, I think of nothing else. I want you to know that thousands are praying for Eric and God is in control. I love that boy and he will recover...Shawn and the gang are putting together a fund raising Spaghetti Dinner. Please let me know if you need anything.

katie said...

Every morning when I wake up I say a prayer..Each night before i go to bed i say a prayer. We all know Eric. And we all know how stubborn he is. That is what gives me the faith to know that he is going to pull thru this. Same goes for Danyale. If either of the families need anything at all please do not hesitate to ask...Katie Meeker...2173046631

Mary Coppock said...

Sam and Donna,
We appreciate the continued updates from Donna and from this blog, Sam. We would do anything to make your situation better if only we could. Our hearts and prayers are with you always. I agree with Jeanne's comments about being your child's advocate....no matter how old they are, they need you and your voice. Eric needs that even more now. I will continue to pray for the doctor's wisdom, Eric's healing and for your strength. Also, two of my friend's brought him up at their Bible Study Groups last week. Lots of people are praying and pulling for Eric and his family!
Love you, Mary