Saturday, November 04, 2006

Eric passed away peacefully at 10:50pm tonight. Sam & Celeste were holding him and talking to him when he took his last breath. Eric fought a good fight but his lungs gave out. The infections and the injury to his lungs were too much for him.

Please continue your prayers for Eric and always remember his handsome face, beautiful smile, gentle touch, kind heart and loving soul.

I love you Eric. My son you will always be in my heart and my thoughts.

A service will be held in Champaign this week then another service and burial will happen next weekend in Springfield, Ohio. We will keep you posted when the final arrangements have been completed.

1:40pm - Eric had a rough night but is resting comfortably now. He coughed most of the night. His stomach was not absorbing the nutrients they were feeding him so they stopped the feeding for a few hours, emptied his stomach and now they have restarted the feeding. Eric continues to have hot and cold spells. Please keep Eric in your prayers.

7 comments:

Aut said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Sam, Celeste, Angee and Danyale-
I'm extremely sorry to hear about the loss of Eric. He was a wonderful guy that I will always remember. He was a wonderfully sweet and caring person in all the years I knew him. We went to Elem/Middle and high school. He will definitely be missed by all. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and all your family at this time.

Rest in peace Eric, and take care

Jennifer( Biggert) Dalie
Kenton Ridge class of 99

Diana Smith said...

Sam and Celeste,

I my heart hurts for you in Eric's passing. I know your faith is strong and you will continue to rely on God for strengh. He now has Eric wrapped in his loving arms and there is no more pain and suffering. It is a temporary separation and only God knows how long that will be. I will continue to pray that God will keep you in his loving care!

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Diana Smith

Dawn said...

I am so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you at this sad time.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about Eric's passing. I met Eric only once, but have known Danyale all her life, so I know he must have been a terrific young man. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and Danyale.

God Bless you all.

Joetta Hufford
Rossville, Illinois

Jeanne said...

Sam, I am so sorry to hear about Eric. I can't imagine what you and your family are going through. Our thoughts and prayers are certainly with you. May God grant you the peace and strength to deal with your loss.

I never met Eric, but if he was anything like his father, he was a great guy!

Jeanne - Donna's sister

Unknown said...

Sam & Celeste,

I heard the sad news today. If you're anything like me, you don't want to hear the "hang in there" comments. I know I didn't when I lost my son. I know God has a reason for everything, but I didn't want other people who hadn't felt my pain telling me it would be okay. What I can tell you is that you had an amazing son. He made me laugh and we always had a good time together. I hadn't heard from Eric in a few years, but I never forgot him. He was a good friend.

Amanda
Bismarck-Henning Class of '00